Monday, January 6, 2014

Reaper Kobolds Bones or Kobolds on a Stick



So in Chicago it's well below freezing. So much so mind you that work actually called me and said to stay home.

I'm not one of those people who are unable to entertain themselves for a day or thousand so I broke out some kobold miniatures made of the bones material from Reaper. There are six of them, each sprue having three. They're relatively small, like kobolds should be and instead of being on the dreaded broccoli bases common to the metal miniatures from Reaper, these are on carved stone bases.

In the photos the ease of using the sprue should be visible. I used some blue tack and a wooden block and painted them on there. I started with some Vallejo red-brown primer and gave most surfaces two layers up and then a sepia wash. As they're kobolds I wasn't too worried about it. They're also really cheap. I think Amazon has them for like $3.49, but the shipping is actually more expensive then the figures and it's not on prime.

So six and 10... sixteen miniatures so far? One of my friends is doing like thirty a month, and he's done it before and he'll do it again. No possible way I'll be keeping up with them. I'm usually happy if I get 52 done, which is why back in the day I was part of the 52 Minis in 52 Weeks blog.

Anyway, I think I might have to start actually looking over the miniature games I play and see if I can get some stuff done for them. There's a lot of things I want to try out this year or continue playing including Hordes and Warmachine.

No comments:

Post a Comment