Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dwarven Adventure Box Set by Stonehaven Miniatures

The other day I received my Kickstarter package from the Dwarven Adventures Box Set. I've only snapped a pic of the Troll, of which I ordered two. Part of that was due to its limited nature, part of it the impressive price, part of it the whismy factor of the design.


The trolls are made of resin. The dwarves are made of metal. Great casts and some great unusual things about them. They remind me of those dwarves that Games Workshop used to make that included such characters as the miners, drunks, and ninja among others.

The only thing I'm not 'impressed' by are the bases. Resin cobblestone basis for all the dwarves. If you like a little scenic to your bases, they're okay but nothing you couldn't get by using say Happy Suppuku molds on the bases. Upon thinking of it further, I was also a little surprised they went with round bases as Warhammer, Reaper's Warlord, and a few others are square.

Mind you those are minor negative observations and I will do business with Stoneheaven Miniatures in the future again.

There's a nice range of diversity in the figures. They provided all sorts of little bonus things like background cards and character sheets for Pathfinder and D&D 4th ed. Other bits as well.

The most important thing though, was a lot of updates. I cannot stress again how important updates are to the backers. Even if it's just a "Things are progressing in a slower manner than we like but here is what we are doing and when we expect to be done. Here are things we are looking at in the future." Remember, you've already got the money. Silence at this point, is NOT golden. Keep the customers, especially people who may be future customers, in the loop.

With this delivery, I move the link from Miniature Kickstarters I've backed to the oh so rare Completed Kickstarters.


No comments:

Post a Comment